Elections 2021: Johnson set for independence referendum clash with Sturgeon as counting continues in Scotland – liveMay 8, 2021
All the latest news and results after Thursday’s elections in Scotland, England and Wales
- Scottish independence: Boris Johnson pushes back against IndyRef2
- Covid restricted Keir Starmer from setting out vision for UK, says Labour
- Labour makes big gains in Wales defeating ex-Plaid Cymru leader
- 2021 elections: results for the English local, Scottish and Welsh polls
- When to expect results from Super Thursday elections
Steve Rotheram has declared victory in the metro mayor election in the Liverpool City Region:
Massive thank you to everybody who has put your faith in me to continue as @UKLabour’s Mayor of the Liverpool City Region.
It’s a massive vote of confidence in the power of devolution and the work I’ve done so far – now the government has to back further devo. #NoOneLeftBehind pic.twitter.com/yoPeGJS7bB
#Elections2021 | Breakdown of votes for each @LCRCityRegion Metro Mayor candidate:
Gary Cargill (Green) – 40,211
Jade Marsden (Con) – 66,702
David Newman (Lib Dem) – 35,049
Steve Rotheram (Lab) – 198,726
TURNOUT: 30.35% pic.twitter.com/uNIazToRq7
My colleague Jessica Murray has this update in the West Midlands mayoral election:
The Northern Powerhouse Partnership has predicted Conservative Andy Street will win the West Midlands mayor election comfortably on first preference votes alone.
According to their polling, conducted by Opinium, Street predicted take 54% of first preference votes compared to 37% for Labour’s Liam Byrne.