Prince Philip: tributes paid to Duke of Edinburgh after death aged 99 – latest updatesApril 9, 2021
Prince Philip has died at 99. Follow the latest updates as the royal family and people around the world react to his death
- Full report: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, dies aged 99
- What are the plans for Prince Philip’s funeral?
- Prince Philip obituary: longest-serving consort of a British monarch
- Boris Johnson pays tribute to Prince Philip’s ‘ethic of service’
- Prince Philip’s life in pictures
- Share your tributes and memories of the Duke of Edinburgh
Aintree has confirmed Saturday’s Grand National will take place as scheduled following discussions with the government after the death of Prince Philip on Friday.
There was speculation after the announcement of the death of the Duke of Edinburgh that there was a chance the meeting could be postponed. However, shortly before 3pm a statement was issued to confirm the world’s most famous race would take place in its planned slot.
Related: Grand National goes ahead as tributes paid following death of Prince Philip
Plans for Prince Philip’s funeral will be affected by Covid regulations in England, with organisers said to be “desperately anxious” not to stage anything that attracts mass gatherings. Here is what we know so far.
Related: What are the plans for Prince Philip’s funeral?