Coronavirus live news: India reports record new cases as vaccines run short; Ireland expands hotel quarantine listApril 8, 2021
India registers a record 126,789 new Covid cases; Ireland stops short of adding US, Germany, Italy and France
- Spain, Belgium and Italy restrict AstraZeneca vaccine to older people
- What you need to know about the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
- New Zealand halts travel from India over surge in Covid cases
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Germany’s vaccine task force will hold talks with the developers of Russia’s Sputnik V Covid-19 shot, including the possibility of setting up more production sites in Germany, a government source told Reuters on Thursday.
The source did not give further details. German health minister Jens Spahn confirmed that Berlin will start bilateral talks with Russia over a supply deal for the vaccine, as reported by Reuters on Wednesday.
Tunisia has approved Johnson & Johnson’s has Covid vaccine, the health minister Faouzi Mehdi confirmed.
The North African country will soon receive 1.5m doses of the vaccine under an African Union plan, Reuters reports.