March 29, 2021
- Trial live-streamed with courtroom access restricted
- Biden ‘watching closely’ as trial unfolds, White House says
- ‘Please I can’t breathe’: prosecutors play disturbing video
- Defense opens by saying Floyd was under influence of drugs
- CDC head warns of ‘impending doom’ as coronavirus cases rise
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The White House press briefing has now concluded. Here’s where the day stands so far:
Jen Psaki said Joe Biden will also explain how he intends to pay for his infrastructure package when he lays out the proposal. Psaki added that the president is open to ideas from members of Congress on how to pay for the legislation.
Republicans have already indicated they will not support any plan that includes rolling back some of the tax cuts that Donald Trump signed into law.