March 24, 2021
Belgium imposes fresh lockdown restrictions amid third wave fears; European commission announces plans for vaccine exports
- Angela Merkel reverses plans for Easter Covid lockdown in Germany
- Hong Kong and Macau suspend Covid Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- How Taiwan triumphed over Covid as UK faltered
- Brazil fury after Bolsonaro says people will soon lead ‘normal lives’
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Mexico will ramp up its vaccine rollout, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador announced on Wednesday in comments reported by Reuters, with more people due to receive a jab.
Lopez Obrador told a press briefing that 2.7 million AstraZeneca doses from the United States were set to arrive on Sunday or Monday.
Jordan’s biggest cemetery is struggling under pressure as the country suffers a surge in Covid-19 deaths over the last two months, according to Reuters.
At least 50 people were buried on Tuesday at the cemetery on the outskirts of Amman, the capital, a day after the health ministry announced a record figure of 109 deaths.