February 15, 2021
Oxford/AstraZeneca jab can now be rolled out globally and participate in Covax; daily deaths in Portugal at lowest level this year
- New Covid variant with potentially worrying mutations found in UK
- Hotel quarantine rollout in England ‘an absolute joke’, says border official
- Israel battles Covid misinformation as vaccination drive slows
- Lack of Covid data may leave African countries behind in vaccine rush
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Palestinian authority has accused Israel of blocking 2,000 vaccines set to be delivered to Gaza health workers in the blockaded coastal strip.
According to AFP, the authority’s health ministry, based in the West Bank, had planned to send the Russian Sputnik V doses to Gaza, which is run by the Islamist group Hamas.
AstraZeneca has asked Czech ministers whether it wants to order more vaccines for later this year, but said any supplies would have to comply with EU agreements.
A news website in the Czech Republic reported on Saturday that its health ministry was in talks with the firm about extra jabs in addition to the 3 million it had already bought. However, according to Reuters, it was not clear if these would be compliant with the country’s EU commitment not to negotiate separately.