February 11, 2021
- Impeachment managers to conclude prosecution today
- Trump’s legal team will conclude arguments tomorrow: adviser
- Biden reacts to riot videos: ‘Some minds may have been changed’
- Pelosi says Capitol Police will receive Congressional Gold Medal
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Lead impeachment manager Jamie Raskin argued that Donald Trump’s actions in the years leading up the Capitol insurrection had encouraged his supporters to resort to violence.
Raskin played footage of some of Trump’s most controversial comments, dating back to his 2016 presidential campaign, that he argued demonstrated a pattern of inciting violence.
A senior adviser to Donald Trump has confirmed that the former president’s legal team will conclude its presentation in the impeachment trial tomorrow.
“We will finish up our presentation tomorrow/Friday,” adviser Jason Miller said in a tweet, before going on to attack CNN for its reporting about Trump’s team.