February 9, 2021
- ‘President Trump’s pre-trial brief confirms he has no good defense’
- Schumer says ‘sweeping it under the rug will not bring unity’
- Trump’s second impeachment trial set to begin in US Senate
- Donald Trump’s trial: what you need to know
- Outcry as more than 20 babies and children deported by US to Haiti
The election arm of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), has brought out its final report on the US presidential election, concluding that it was well organised under the circumstances and there was no significant fraud.
The report also found that Donald Trump’s rhetoric and refusal to accept defeat undermined public faith in democratic institutions, and warned the US has long-term problems with providing equal voting rights for all.
Related: ‘Jim Crow relic’: Senate filibuster stands in way of Democratic voting rights push
Here’s where the day stands so far: