Joe Biden to focus on economic recovery after Covid as 17.5m vaccine shots given in US – liveJanuary 22, 2021
- Biden team in race against time against new Covid strain
- Biden executive orders target minimum wage and food insecurity
- Insurrection and inauguration: Biden’s new political era
- Fauci describes ‘liberating feeling’ of no longer working under Trump
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer met with National Guard troops guarding the Capitol this morning and thanked them for their service during Joe Biden’s inauguration.
Some National Guard troops take photos with @SenSchumer after he thanked them for their service and said he was glad they had a warm place to stay after thousands were asked to move to a nearby garage pic.twitter.com/XoYG1tHo8w
Dr Anthony Fauci said this morning that Donald Trump’s falsehoods about coronavirus “very likely” cost American lives last year.
The lack of candor and facts “likely did” cost lives last year, Dr. Fauci says.
“There’s no secret. We’ve had a lot of divisiveness, we’ve had facts that were very, very clear, that were questioned. People were not trusting what health officials were saying.” pic.twitter.com/NDOP0Nhy3W