Biden inauguration: two troops reportedly removed from duty over far-right militia ties – liveJanuary 19, 2021
- Officials discover connections to far-right militia groups – reports
- Mitch McConnell says Capitol mob ‘provoked by the president’
- Trump to issue more than 100 pardons before Biden sworn in
- Trump’s presidency: a lesson in the meaning of ‘American carnage’
Here’s where the day stands so far:
Chuck Schumer, the incoming Senate majority leader, outlined the chamber’s early agenda in his floor speech moments ago.
The Democratic leader said the chamber would have to tackle three tasks simultaneously: Donald Trump’s impeachment trial, confirmation of Joe Biden’s nominees and the passage of another coronavirus relief package.
Senate Minority Leader Schumer says the US Senate will prioritize 3 items “over the next several weeks”:
• Impeachment trial
• Confirmation of Biden admin. nominees
• Passing coronavirus relief pic.twitter.com/sBbs3FrkQv