January 16, 2021
- India begins world’s biggest Covid vaccination programme
- Global coronavirus death toll reaches 2 million people
- UK shuts travel corridors and requires negative Covid tests to enter
- German vaccine officials forced to guess who is eligible from names
- For all our coronavirus coverage
Snow has forced all three rapid Covid testing centres in Luton to close, the local council has said, adding the decision would protect staff and public safety.
❄️ ⚠️ Due to snow and for the safety of the public and our staff, our rapid testing centres at Lewsey and Farley community centres and at Luton Central Library are closed today.
China has finished building a 1,500-room hospital for Covid patients to fight a surge in infections believed to have arisen from infected people or goods arriving from abroad.
The hospital is one of six with a total of 6,500 rooms being constructed in Nangong, south of Beijing in Hebei province, according to the official Xinhua News Agency.
They are all imported from abroad. It was caused by entry personnel or contaminated cold chain imported goods.