Trump impeachment: attention turns to Senate after House votes to impeach – liveJanuary 14, 2021
- Full report: Donald Trump impeached a second time
- David Smith: Trump’s fate in Senate trial will tell much about the future of Republicans
- Trump ‘refusing to pay’ Giuliani’s legal fees after falling out
- Kamala Harris: how will the next vice-president wield her power? Join the Guardian for a live conversation on 18 January
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
This is Joan Greve in Washington, taking over for Martin Belam.
Here’s what the blog is keeping an eye on today: Joe Biden will deliver remarks this evening on his “vaccination and economic rescue legislative package to fund vaccinations and provide immediate, direct relief to working families and communities”.
If you fancy something to get your ears around, in this podcast today, Jonathan Freedland talks to Noah Feldman, who testified for the Democrats in the president’s first impeachment hearing. They discuss the various consequences for Trump after the House of Representatives voted to impeach him for the second time.