December 7, 2020
Latest updates: EU’s chief Brexit negotiator says gaps on level playing field, governance and fisheries are still not bridged
- Johnson and Von der Leyen to meet in bid to resolve stalemate
- No 10 offers to drop internal market bill clauses if EU deal agreed
- What happens if the UK and EU fail to agree a Brexit deal?
- What is the ratchet clause and could it sink the Brexit talks?
- ‘Boris Johnson’s lustre has faded’: European media dissect painful talks
Boris Johnson and European commission president Ursula von der Leyen have confirmed that they will meet in Brussels in an attempt to unblock the deadlocked post-Brexit trade deal negotiations.
For months, the main sticking points in the negotiations have been the following: