Biden unveils key picks while report says ex-Fed chair Janet Yellen to lead treasury – liveNovember 23, 2020
- Key roles for Antony Blinken, Alejandro Mayorkas and Avril Haines
- Janet Yellen to become first female treasury secretary, WSJ reports
- Republican senator: no evidence of widespread election fraud
- Trump continues to tweet disinformation on election
- Healthcare workers urge US to ‘scale back’ Thanksgiving
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Gary Cohn, the former chief economic adviser to Donald Trump, praised Janet Yellen as “an excellent choice for Treasury Secretary.”
Cohn said in a tweet, “Having had the opportunity to work with then-Chair Yellen, I have no doubt she will be the steady hand we need to promote an economy that works for everyone, especially during these difficult times. Congratulations.”
Janet Yellen is an excellent choice for Treasury Secretary. Having had the opportunity to work with then-Chair Yellen, I have no doubt she will be the steady hand we need to promote an economy that works for everyone, especially during these difficult times. Congratulations.
Some progressive groups have already indicated that they consider Janet Yellen to be an acceptable choice for treasury secretary.
“Among those not named Elizabeth Warren, Janet Yellen and Sarah Bloom Raskin are high up on the list of people that progressives would find acceptable,” Adam Green, co-founder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, told CNN today.