November 7, 2020
- President-elect to address nation at 8pm ET
- Full report: Biden wins US election after four tumultuous years of Trump
- Kamala Harris makes history as first woman of color elected VP
- Trump refuses to concede defeat as recriminations begin
- Obama: ‘Our democracy needs all of us more than ever’
- Analysis: Biden styled himself as the antithesis to Trumpism
- Trump v Biden – full 2020 results as they come in
That’s it from me today. I’m handing over the blog to my Guardian colleague, Oliver Holmes, for the next few hours.
Here’s where the day stands so far:
The Guardian’s Nina Lakhani reports from Harlem, New York City:
A couple hundred people are celebrating Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ victory at Frederick Douglass square on the northwest corner of Central Park.
Harlem celebrates pic.twitter.com/ycoYsL9bMG