Biden visits home town of Scranton in battleground Pennsylvania as voting begins – liveNovember 3, 2020
- Democrat says he ‘wants to restore decency to the White House’
- According to US elections project, 98m Americans have already voted
- Guide: what time results are expected – and what to watch for
- America prepares to deliver verdict after Trump replays 2016 campaign
- President predicts ‘great win’ as Biden tells him to ‘pack his bags’
- Get results on your phone’s lock screen tonight with our special alert
Michigan’s Gov Gretchen Whitmer was live on CNN this morning. She called Trump anti-American and condemned Trump’s blitz of rallies in the final days of the campaign.
“Contact tracing shows they are super-spreader events,” she said.
Donald Trump’s strife over the coronavirus outbreak, which has been a drag on him in the polls, has continued with a warning from Dr Deborah Birx contradicting the president’s message that the country was coming round the corner. He repeated that on Fox News this morning. Jessica Glenza reports:
White House scientific adviser Dr Deborah Birx warned the United States is entering a new “deadly phase” of the coronavirus pandemic, and urged an “aggressive” approach to containing its spread.
Birx gave the warning in a written memo delivered to top administration officials Monday. It is a direct contradiction of one of Donald Trump’s central, and false, closing campaign messages – that the US is “rounding the corner” on the pandemic.