US election 2020: Trump campaigning in five states as Biden heads to Philadelphia – live updatesNovember 1, 2020
- President visits Michigan, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida
- Biden targets Pennsylvania, Harris will be in Georgia and North Carolina
- Obama lends hand as Biden and Trump launch final campaign blitz
- Joe Biden: campaign that came close to folding now on verge of victory
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
Very different tenors in the opening social media salvos from each campaign this morning…
Our numbers are looking VERY good all over. Sleepy Joe is already beginning to pull out of certain states. The Radical Left is going down!
As president, I’ll build an economy that rewards work — not just wealth.
Here’s a reminder that the election system in the US is incredibly decentralised, and there’s a huge state-by-state variation in whether mail-in ballots that arrive after Election Day are counted if they are postmarked that they were sent on 3 November or before.
In some cases, a long deadline for them to arrive, like until 20 November in California or 23 November in Washington, is not that important. It’s unlikely that a late flurry of mail-in ballots is going to tip the result in those solidly Democratic states.