October 23, 2020
- President tests negative for Covid before debate, Meadows says
- Trump releases unedited 60 Minutes interview days before air date
- Senate committee votes to advance Amy Coney Barrett nomination
- Trump’s Twitter allegedly hacked after password guessed: ‘maga2020!’
- Trump and Biden to have second TV debate in Nashville
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
Donald Trump has invited Tony Bobulinski, who said he is a former business associate of Joe Biden’s son Hunter to the debate tonight. Four years ago, Trump pulled a similar. stunt when he invited accused former president Bill Clinton of sexual abuse to a debate with Hillary Clinton.
Bobulinski’s emails were a large part of a story New York Post earlier this month that claimed Hunter Biden had helped connect board members of a Ukrainian energy company with his father while Joe Biden was vice president. Other news outlets have not been able to verify the Post’s story, and dozens of senior intelligence officials have signed a letter saying the story “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation”.
At tonight’s final presidential debate, each candidate will have his mic muted for two minutes while the other responds to the moderator’s questions.
How will it work?