Kamala Harris cancels events after flying with two people who tested positive for Covid – liveOctober 15, 2020
- Harris’s communications director and a ‘non-staff flight crew member’ tested positive
- Senate Judiciary committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett nomination on 22 October
- Trump and Biden to hold town halls tonight
- Civil rights and Qanon candidates: the fight for facts in Georgia
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
Back to the nomination hearing of supreme court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, Democratic US Senator Cory Booker is now discussing the erosion of democratic norms.
“We are eroding our norms to the point we are all bemoaning it,” said Booker. “But this isn’t happening in a vacuum, it’s happening in a time of terrible crisis for our country.”
A new survey from the Associated Press shows just how important reacting to Covid-19 will be during this pandemic, as the Biden-Harris campaign cancels upcoming travel “out of an abundance of caution”.
WASHINGTON (AP) Less than three weeks from Election Day, majorities of Americans are highly critical of President Donald Trump’s handling of both the coronavirus pandemic and his own illness, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.