October 13, 2020
Johnson & Johnson confirms pause in vaccine trial; Fauci says holding large rallies ‘asking for trouble’; Czech government closes bars and schools. Follow the latest updates:
- White House doctor says US President has tested negative for Covid
- Covid in Europe: second wave gathers pace across continent
- Failures at Austrian ski resort ‘helped speed up spread’ in Europe
- Anthony Fauci criticises Trump for using his words out of context
- Boris Johnson unveils three-tier Covid restrictions for England
‘It all ends in tiers’: what the papers say about Johnson’s new Covid rules.
Boris Johnson’s speech unveiling a tiered system of lockdown measures for England has been greeted on today’s front pages with anger in the worst-affected northern regions and fears of a nationwide lockdown, Graham Russell writes.
Related: ‘It all ends in tiers’: what the papers say about Johnson’s new Covid rules
Papua New Guinea will fit all foreign workers coming into the country with an electronic ankle monitor for the duration of their Covid-19 quarantine, the government’s pandemic controller has said.
PNG has struggled to control outbreaks in the capital, Port Moresby, and western province, and charter flights carrying foreign workers run the risk of spreading the virus across the country.
Related: Papua New Guinea to fit ankle monitors to arrivals in Covid quarantine