Amy Coney Barrett faces questions on legal record as nomination hearings continue – liveOctober 13, 2020
- First of two days of questioning for Barrett begins today
- What Barrett’s likely confirmation means
- 10-hour wait in Georgia as early voting starts
- Trump holds packed Florida rally
- Biden campaigns in red state Ohio
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
In a funny aside during the nomination hearing, Lindsey Graham referenced his many golf course conversations with the president.
“I promise you, I’ve never talked about severability with the president,” the Republican chairman of the Senate judiciary committee said.
Senator Patrick Leahy asked Amy Coney Barrett would commit to recusing herself from cases involving the presidential election if issues arose.
Barrett again dodged, saying, “Senator Leahy, I commit to you to fully and faithfully applying the law of recusal.”