October 11, 2020
- Biden retains double-digit national lead over Trump as election looms
- Forecast projects 395,000 US Covid-19 deaths by February
- Taliban says it hopes Trump wins election
- Republicans express fears Trump will lose presidential election
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
Trump is asked about voter fraud. He says Democrats are “trying to steal the election”. In fact, there is no evidence that voter fraud is a problem in the US.
Related: Does mail-in voting lead to fraud – and does it help Democrats? The facts
Trump, who has reportedly made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims during his presidency, says that almost everything Joe Biden says “is a lie”. He says, without basis, that Biden wants to get of, among other things, guns, cars and fracking. He also says that Biden, a practicing Catholic, wants to get rid of God.