September 24, 2020
- Two officers shot amid Breonna Taylor killing charging decision
- Protesters despair for justice in Breonna Taylor killing
- Trump booed while paying respects to RBG
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful power transfer at press briefing
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
House speaker Nancy Pelosi said justice was denied in the case of Breonna Taylor, after a grand jury declined to charge Louisville police officers for her fatal shooting.
“Justice was denied for Breonna Taylor and her family … the charging decision held no one accountable for her death,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi says, calling on the Senate to vote on George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, which was passed by the House in June. https://t.co/j16KLxgXVr pic.twitter.com/ZAIhxoo6Jr
House speaker Nancy Pelosi is now holding her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill.
Pelosi noted that Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be the first woman and the first Jewish person to lie in state at the Capitol.