August 28, 2020
- Secretary of state delivered controversial speech from Israel
- Trump paints Biden as ‘radical’ candidate and danger to US
- Jacob Blake shackled to hospital bed despite being paralyzed, father says
- 1,124 new coronavirus deaths and 45,561 new cases in US yesterday
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
Jacob Blake’s family spoke at the march on Washington, just days after Blake was repeatedly shot in the back by police officers in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Blake’s sister, Letetra Widman, said African Americans were done “catering to your delusions.”
George Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, struggled to speak about his brother, and he said it was because he was so affected by the recent police shooting of Jacob Blake.
Floyd’s sister, Bridgett Floyd, then took the mic and told the crowd that they could be the change envisioned by Dr Martin Luther King 57 years ago.