August 25, 2020
- Jacob Blake will need ‘miracle’ to walk again, says lawyer
- Wisconsin governor declares state of emergency over protests
- Melania, Eric and Tiffany Trump expected to appear Tuesday
- 503 US deaths and 40,309 new coronavirus cases yesterday
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Jacob’s Blake’s mother, Julia Jackson, spoke at the press conference moments ago, calling for national healing and peaceful protesting after her son was repeatedly shot by Kenosha police.
Jacob Blake’s mother’s message: “If Jacob knew what was going on as far as that goes, the violence and the destruction, he would be very unpleased … Take a moment and examine your hearts.” pic.twitter.com/rb12HeBR1G
Civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump provided an update on the medical condition of Jacob Blake after he was shot multiple times in the back by Kenosha police officers.
Crump said Blake was back in surgery, still fighting for his life. Confirming an earlier update from Blake’s father, Crump said Blake was paralyzed from the waist down and that the paralysis was likely permanent.