July 21, 2020
Trump to resume daily briefings; deal expected on €750bn EU Covid-19 recovery plan; two Brazil ministers test positive; WHO warns over Africa spread. Follow latest updates
- EU leaders set to agree spending and €750bn Covid-19 recovery plans
- US military medical teams dispatched to California hospitals
- Oxford coronavirus vaccine triggers immune response, trial shows
- France reveals 400-500 new Covid-19 clusters as mask rules tighten
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Tokyo is expected to report 230 new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday, according to Japanese media. Tokyo’s governor, Koike Yuriko, told reporters the figure was still being checked, but she expects it will surpass 200 and reach about 230. It would be the first time in three days cases have exceeded 200.
Tokyo to report about 230 new coronavirus cases Tuesday: Gov. Koike
This year’s hajj, which has been scaled back dramatically to include only around 1,000 Muslim pilgrims, will begin on 29 July, Saudi authorities said Monday.
Some 2.5 million people usually participate in the ritual of several days, centred on the holy city of Mecca.