June 27, 2020
Brazil records nearly 47,000 new cases; EU set to ban travellers from US; Covid cases with unknown source rise in Melbourne. Follow the latest
- Parties across Europe spark fears of Covid-19 surge
- More young people infected with Covid-19
- US one-day case high as states delay reopening
- US coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The United States recorded 45,242 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, the largest single-day increase of the pandemic, according to a Reuters tally, bringing the total number of Americans who have tested positive to at least 2.48 million.
The figure is an increase from an earlier figure we reported of at least 40,870 new cases.
South Korean authorities said the country had 51 new cases of coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the Korea Herald reported Saturday.
The paper said 31 cases were via community spread, while 20 cases were imported, according to Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.